Over the past several days, Kerala has experienced its heaviest rainfall since 1974, which has reportedly resulted in the deaths of over 324 people and affected millions more. Even if you're not in the state, there are still a lot of ways you can help. Here are some ways to get involved:
1. Donate funds to the Chief Ministers Relief Fund. The link for donation is- Click HERE
2. You can directly transfer funds from the bank to the CMDRF directly from your account using the following bank details:
Name: Chief Ministers Distress Relief Fund
Account Number: 67319948232
Bank: State Bank of India
Branch: City Branch, Thiruvananthapuram
Account Type: Savings
SWIFT Code: SBININBBT08
3. Collection centers have been set up for donations by Goonj. To find one near you, check out this website- Click HERE
4. The website KeralaRescue.in provides details about the supplies needed.
5. Help the rescue co-ordination by following this link- HERE
6. You can use PayTM to transfer money.
7. Our partner organisation Voice of Voiceless is partnering with many organizations to send relief material to Kerala. A small toiletry kit is being planned which could be helpful to people of Kerala. All those who want to help for the same can WhatsApp on 8587859859. Someone will pick material from their doorstep if you want to deliver the material please inbox their Facebook page to get the nearest location to deliver the material.
8. Avoid spreading panic.
9. #DoForKerala and #KeralaFloods can be used to stay in touch with the latest updates.
Let us do our bit and help the living.